Everyone deserves a little self-pampering now and then. A luxurious, easy grooming treatment can provide big pluses to your appearance and to your mood, in minimal time and with minimal effort. What better way to luxuriate your stress away than with a do it yourself facial?
A facial is a procedure involving a variety of skin treatments, including: steam, exfoliation, extraction, creams, lotions, facial masks, peels and massage. They are performed in beauty salons, spas and your very own home.
An at home facial makeover not only lifts your skin and makes the skin glow, but it lifts your spirits as well. The end result is well worth the time, whether you finish off your clean, fresh face look with or without makeup.
Lavish looks! Lavish luster!
Facial Fun Fact: Facials are used for general skin health as well as for treatment of specific skin conditions. There are different kinds of facial masks for different purposes: deep-cleansing, the penetrating of pores, healing acne scars and hyper-pigmentation, skin brightening and for illumination of the skin tone.
In addition to creams and lotions, natural plants and foods can be used to assist in facials, such as aloe vera, cactus, lemon and cucumbers.
Facial Masks are removed by either rinsing the face with water, wiping off with a damp cloth, or peeling the mask off of the face. The duration for wearing a mask varies with the type of mask. The time can range anywhere from a few minutes to overnight. A glycolic mask should only be used once a month to prevent the risk of burning the skin.
An at home facial makeover is a great way to rebuild your energy and lower your fester limit without breaking your bank account! The reward for your work? A clean, youthful, glowing face.
How to Perform a Do It Yourself Facial:
- Take a warm bath or a steamy shower. The steam will open up your pores and soften and hydrate the skin.
- Cleanse your face well with a gentle facial cleanser. Gently exfoliate the entire facial skin area and apply a mask appropriate for your skin type (oily, dry or a combination of both). While the mask dries on your face, you may want to lay down and place sliced cucumbers over the eyes. This natural home remedy helps reduce puffiness and eliminate circles under the eyes that give you a tired appearance.
- Wash the mask off your face with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- If needed, pluck the eyebrows to your desired shape and remove unwanted facial hair (crème hair dyes, hair removers and tweezers work well).
- If you want to face your day with a fabulous, healthy fresh face, wahlah, you’re finished and good to go. (You may want to apply a topical moisturizer with sun screen).
- If you now wish to apply makeup to your sparkling clean canvas of a face, begin with a concealer under the eyes, and apply a light coat of foundation (cream or powder) that works for your skin tone (fair, medium or dark).
- Experiment with your makeup or apply what works best for you (eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, blush).
- Sweep bronzer or dry powder over your face to seal in the foundation and to add to your skin’s radiant, healthy glow.
- Frame your beautiful face with the hairstyle of your choice!
Facial Fun Fact: Facials are generally categorized as European facials, LED light therapy facials, mini-facials, do it yourself (DIY) facials.
If you want to invest in a great facial mask, masks can be found anywhere from drugstores to department stores, beauty supply stores, salons and spas. Setting masks include:
- Clay – Thick in consistency and draws out impurities from the pores.
- Cream – Stays damp and hydrates the skin. (Drinky, drinky)
- Sheet-Style – A paper mask is dampened with liquid to tone and moisturize the skin.
- Hybrid/Clay and Cream – Small beads that remove dead surface skin cells.
These different forms of facial masks are made to suit different skin types (i.e., oily, dry, combination) and address different skincare goals or needs.
Facial Mask Fun Fact: Clay and mud masks suit oily and combination skin types, while cream and lotion based masks tend to suit dry and sensitive skin types.
Fabulous facials – Rejuvenate the skin you’re in!
The rewards for lavishing in the time and effort it takes to conduct an at home, do it yourself facial are much like the rewards of the time and effort of baking: instead of eating the yummy cakes and cookies you’re investing in your skin’s health and youthful appearance.
If your skin is healthy, women look great either with or without makeup. Your mood, your choice, your whim, your unique fashion voice!
A makeup free face still screams glamour, and a made up face is equally as beautiful!
Protect the skin you’re in! Fashion facials for a revitalized, energized face!
“Wow, your glowing skin is truly hard not to mention.”
“Of course you say that with the utmost affection.”
“Yes, I’m blinded by your skin’s exquisite illumination.”
“I believe you have the most radiant skin in the nation.”
“Let’s take this conversation in a different direction.”
Rejuvenating Facials – Your healthy, vibrant skin will last through the duration!
Nancy Mangano is an American fashion journalist and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano, her fashion magazine Strutting in Style! at http://www.struttinginstyle.com, and her Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nancy-Mangano/362187023895846