Long, beautiful eyelashes can definitely make you stand out in a crowd. When your luscious lashes, elongated and eye catching, frame your eyes, you will be noticed whether with or without makeup.
There is something about long eyelashes that is absolutely lovely; so visually appealing. Dark, full eyebrows and long, thick eyelashes pull a gorgeous face together. If eyes are the window to the soul, then eyelashes are the fancy drapes that add glamour to all windows.
Long, voluptuous eyelashes are a symbol of natural beauty and are an asset to any face. There are ways to grow natural, longer, stronger and healthier eyelashes. Just like the hair on your head, your fingernails and toenails, eyebrows, etc., your eyelashes need nourishment to grow and ensure that the vixen lashes you crave remain elongated and extended.
Eyelash Fun Fact: There are practical reasons for eyelashes, as opposed to merely being an ornament to decorate your eyeballs. Eyelashes help to keep dust and debris from getting into your eyes.
Eyelash Fashion Tip: You can visually improve the length of your eyelashes merely be applying coats of mascara. Mascara adds length and volume to your lashes, looking luscious and lovely! Generally two coats of mascara to both your upper and lower eyelashes adds volume and depth to the lashes, highlighting your eyes. To really make your eyes pop, frame your eyes with black eyeliner!
I have found with mascara, the thicker the applicator brush, generally the thicker the finished product, which is longer, fuller, va va voom eyelashes!
Easy, Inexpensive Steps to Growing Natural, Gorgeous Eyelashes:
- Use a lash lengthening gel underneath your mascara. Some lengthening gels not only grow and lengthen your own lashes, but the gel conditions and protects the eyelashes, making the lashes stronger.
- Apply olive oil or castor oil to your eyelashes before you go to bed. Rub the oil between your thumb and your finger, then pat the oil onto your lashes, or use a clean mascara brush to apply.
- Apply petroleum jelly to your eyelashes. Let the petroleum jelly sink into your lashes overnight. Wash off in the morning. (Petroleum jelly also works wonders for removing mascara)!
- Avoid Eyelash Curlers: Although curled eyelashes look divine, eyelash curlers have a tendency to pull out your lashes or break them off. If you do use an eyelash curl, curl bare eyelashes, then apply mascara. If you curl mascara covered lashes, the eyelashes stick to the curler.
- Eat a nutritious, well balanced diet high in B vitamins and protein. Eyelashes are hair, and just like the hair on your head, eyelashes need to be fed a healthy diet to grow thick and full.
- Glycerin and egg whites mixed with castor oil, applied to your eyelashes, feeds and strengthens your lashes.
- Invest in a good eye makeup removal product that removes your mascara easily, without having to scrub or tug your lashes.
Wahlah! Gorgeous, glorious, extended, effervescent eyelashes!
Extended eyelashes you’d bat an eye for!
Eyelash Fashion Tip: Black mascara is stunning, and by far my favorite color for mascara. However, especially if you’re feeling playful and need a change, colored mascara gives your eyes just the oomph they need to pop open and highlight your eyes. Blue, green, yellow, orange, pink and purple mascaras are fun to mix and match with your clothes and with your eye shadow and lipstick shades. Colored mascaras can be purchased at most drug stores and beauty supply stores.
Eyelash Fun Fact: In some cultures, long, natural eyelashes are a sign of youth. Since youth suggests good genes, and ultimately, fertility, it is said that men (subconsciously) are attracted to women with longer eyelashes.
All fashion divas need to dress and wear makeup in the manner and style that suits and works well for you. As a lifelong glamour girl, I would want to wear darling clothes and experiment with makeup and hairstyles even if I lived on an island of one: me! Fashion fun at its finest!
Mascara Removal Tip: In addition to petroleum jelly, organic, extra virgin coconut oil removes even the toughest of eye makeups. (Put the lime in the coconut and drink them both together; put the lime in the coconut and then you’ll feel better)!
Long, thick, full, natural eyelashes. Natural never looked so glamorous!
“I love the false eyelashes that make your eyes pop.”
“My eyelashes are the real thing…no added prop.”
“Wow. Lashes that long and lovely are generally fake.”
“I nourish them with a well balanced diet, though I splurge on cake.”
“Perhaps you and your gorgeous lashes would like to go to dinner with me.”
“Let me apply one more coat of mascara and what will be will be.”
Get the look – the extended eyelash look!
Nancy Mangano is an American fashion journalist and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano, her fashion magazine Strutting in Style! at http://www.struttinginstyle.com, and her Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nancy-Mangano/362187023895846