Ah, we yearn for fabulous heads of hair…whether you prefer your hair short and sassy, or long and way down to there! Although it’s always fun to mix up your hairstyles (curly, chalked, buns, braids, ponytails, bobs) one always hits one out of the park when wearing their hair sleek, straight and sexy.
Give me a head with hair, long, beautiful hair…
Give me a head with hair, short, bouncy hair…
As long as my hair is sleek and straight, the length I truly don’t care!
Toss your glorious mane when straightened and glossed…hair that is tame!
The best way to achieve fantastic results when straightening your hair is by using a flat iron, along with hair straightening products.
Who said ironing is just for clothes? Sleek, straight hair is the way to go!
How to Flat Iron Hair for Beautiful Results:
- Find a flat iron that works well for you. Flat irons can be purchased at hair salons, drug stores, beauty supply stores and department stores.
- If you wear bangs, iron the bangs first. Pick up sections of the bangs, place the flat iron at the top near the scalp, hair section between the tongs of the flat iron and work your way down, applying pressure to the flat iron. The heat and pressure combined straighten the hair in the process.
- Use the flat iron over your entire head, beginning at the sides, section by section. Place the flat iron close to the scalp, section the hair inside the tongs, and slide the flat iron down (with pressure) to the ends of the hair.
- The more heat and pressure that you exert, the straighter the hair.
- Once your hair is straightened to your preference, a light finishing spray of hair gloss works wonders.
- Show off your shimmery, shiny, sleek, straight hair.
- Mesmerizing masterpiece!
Flat Ironed Hair Not So Fun Fact: Excessive heat causes hair to dry and break. Daily use of a flat iron can damage hair, cause hair to fry and brittle ends to break. If you do use a flat iron, help your hair by applying a leave in conditioner before you begin the process, and when completed, if you desire. A deep conditioner once a week also works wonder!
For those of you who love straight, sensational hair but don’t love the damage heated flat irons can case, I have good news! You can straighten hair without heat.
Nancy, how do you do that, you ask? Wow! I will show you right now!
How to Straighten Your Hair Without Heat:
- Towel dry your hair after showering, then blow dry your hair using the cool setting.
- Use a flat paddle brush until your hair is straight and dry.
- For added straightening, apply a hair straightening mask/conditioner to your hair (available at beauty supply stores, drug stores and department stores).
- In addition to blow drying your hair on a cool setting, use straightening products as you blow dry (straightening shampoo, straightening cream rinse, straightening serums).
- Apply a setting lotion or foam.
- When your hair is to your desired straightening consistency, apply a light hair spray and/or hair gloss.
- Mesmerizing masterpiece.
Now toss that glamorous head of hair shiny with gloss!
Wah lah, you, fashion diva, are simply gorgeous! That’s no surprise. Your stylish straight hair is easy on the eyes!
Hair Straightening Fun Fact: Although placing small curlers in wet hair can add a braided, wavy effect to your hair, you can also use curlers to straighten wavy hair. The larger the curler, the better!
Roll your damp hair loosely in large curlers, apply a setting lotion or foam, and let your hair dry. When you remove the curlers, your hair should have body, but be fairly straight. Run a brush through your hair to help the straightening process.
Give it to me straight! Is full, glorious, straight hair well worth the wait?
Ah, you can never go wrong with easy, breezy, straight hair! A popular hairstyle beyond compare!
Are you a gal who adores her lovely, luscious, wavy curls? Why not mix your hairstyles up a bit…fashion change is part of the fun of being a girl!
Straighten your hair and wear a halo masterpiece of magnificence!
“Oh glamour girl, glamour girl, let down your hair.”
“Your straight, sexy tresses are too much to bear.”
“A sight most lovely on my eyes, so tired and weary.”
“Yes, thank you for pulling me out of my mood so dreary.”
“Your halo of hair is vibrant, exquisite with body so alive and sleek.”
“You look like a fierce, confident lion with a mane so lively…not meek.”
Straight, sexy hair! So sleek and chic. A hairstyle that all fashion divas seek!
Nancy Mangano is an American fashion journalist and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano, her fashion magazine Strutting in Style! at http://www.struttinginstyle.com, and her Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nancy-Mangano/362187023895846