Are you someone who simply adores your hair? Or perhaps someone ready to change the color of your hair or your hairstyle? A wonderful fact about hair is that hair grows, so even a messy or disastrous haircut can be repaired over time.
Okay, you love your hair, you’re satisfied with the color, texture and length of your hair, and you don’t want or need a haircut. You just want a change, maybe for a day, maybe for a week. A hair treatment that brings beauty, color and major fun to your fabulous head of hair? Hair chalk!
Vivid colors make everything brighter and life sweeter. Think beautiful colors of flowers, rainbows, ice cream, snow cones, crayons…colors spike your mood and are pretty and pleasing on the eyes!
Fun in the fresh air…fun in your fabulous hair!
Chalking your hair is a creative art, much like a radiant painting or a beloved song. By adding a rainbow of chalked color to your hair, you can’t go wrong.
Chalk is a soft, porous sedimentary carbonate rock, a form of limestone composed of the mineral calcite. Chalk forms under reasonably deep marine conditions from the gradual accumulation of minute calcite shells (coccoliths) shed from micro-organisms called coccolithophores. Chalk has greater resistance to weathering and slumping than clays with which it is usually associated.
No more talk! The answer? Hair chalk!
Chalking hair works on light, medium and dark hair – all colors of hair! If you have black hair, lighter shades stand out and add shimmer and shine. Blond or lighter hair? Go with darker colors for a gorgeous hair contrast.
Depending on the application process and the type of chalk used, the color added to your hair can last for a couple of days or a couple of weeks. The chalk application can be done by a hair professional or done yourself, in the privacy of your own home.
Hair Fun Fact: Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis, or skin. Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals. The human body, apart from areas of skin, is covered in follicles which produce thick terminal and fine vellus hair. Most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types and hair care!
DIY hair chalking? All you’ll need is colored chalk, water, heat and rubber gloves!
How to Apply Temporary Colors to Your Hair With Chalk:
Temporary Color Lasting One or Two Days:
- Purchase colored chalk from a beauty supply store or salon.
- Brush your hair to remove tangles.
- Spray the area of hair that you want to color lightly with water.
- Separate the hair that you want to color into small, manageable sections.
- Wearing rubber gloves, rub the colors of chalk that you prefer over the strands of hair that you wish to color (rub the chalk downward toward the ends).
- Using a flat iron or curling iron, run the heat over each colored strand.
- Brush and style your hair.
Wahlah, you have a head of colorful, clever, creative splendor!
Temporary Color That Lasts One to Two Weeks:
- Brush your hair to remove tangles.
- Cut small pieces of colored chalk from the colors you select to use, and soak the desired pieces of chalk in a bowl of hot water, until the chalk melts.
- Dampen the area of hair that you want to color with water.
- Apply the chalk/water mixture directly onto your selected hair pieces with a paint brush or a makeup brush, or your rubber gloved fingertips.
- Let your hair dry without brushing, until the color mixture clings to your hair.
- Style your hair to preferred perfection.
Let the chalk talk for you: “Stare at my colorful hair!”
Hair Fun Fact: The word “hair” usually refers to two distinct features:
- The part beneath the skin, called the hair follicle, or, when pulled from the skin, the bulb. This organ is located in the dermis and maintains stem cells, which not only re-grow the hair after it falls out, but also regrow skin after a wound.
- The shaft, which is the hard filamentous part that extends above the skin surface.
Hair fibers have a structure consisting of several layers, starting from the outside:
- The cuticle
- The cortex
- The medulla
No matter how you choose to wear your hair, handle the fabulous fashion feature with sweet loving care!
Whether you choose to chalk the ends of your hair, the scalp, or long strands, the fancy, fun looks that you can pull off with splendid, splashy color are simply splendid!
Spectacular colored chalk hair care!
Hair Fun Fact: With hair, the shape of the follicle determines the shape of the cortex, and the shape of the fiber is related to how straight or curly the hair is. People with straight hair have round hair fibers. Oval and other shaped fibers are found on those with wavy and/or curly hair.
Give me a head with hair! Colorful, rainbow, chalked hair!
“I see you’re a feisty, brave, wild one with flair.”
“How did you peg me that way?”
“By the unique, signature, vivid colors weaved through your hair.”
“Yes, I’m not one to follow the crowd.”
“You beat to your own drum?”
“I break barriers and do what I deem allowed.”
“The rainbow glistening in your hair is truly divine.”
“Thank you! This beautiful chalk artwork is all mine!”
Chalk your hair to chic, colorful glory if you dare!
Nancy Mangano is an American fashion journalist and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano, her fashion magazine Strutting in Style! at http://www.struttinginstyle.com, and her Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nancy-Mangano/362187023895846