Who said that in order to paint a beautiful picture you need a blank canvas? Sometimes, all you need are bare fingernails to come up with a painted masterpiece!
Fingernail painting can be as artistic as creating an oil or pastel painting, painting with watercolors or painting your bedroom walls. The fabulous shades of fun colors of nail polish available today allows you to adorn your hands in bright, festive, unique colors and designs.
Fingernail painting is a true art!
Whether you wear acrylic nails, press on nails or go au natural with your own fingernails, polishing and designing your nails can turn any pair of hands into sensuous, alluring, delightful eye candy! With so many colors of polish available, and so many decorative beads, rhinestones, decals, etc. that can be placed on the nails, everyone can become a pro at changing their standard pale nails into vibrant shades of glitz and grandeur.
Change your fingernails from dab to plush with the stroke of a color soaked brush!
Two trends of nail polish that are popular now are glittered polish and black nail polish! Posh in glittery and black polish!
Glittered Polish Fun Fact: If you’ve ever worn glittered polish, you know that the look is sparkly and flashy, but removing the polish can be difficult. With glittered polish, apply nail polish remover to felt (rather than cotton or tissue) and rub over the glitter polish. The polish comes off much easier!
Taking care of your hands is truly important to good grooming, and easy to do. Do it yourself manicures are quick, inexpensive and the perfect lead in to painting your nails in your most preferred, original way!
How to Give Yourself a DIY At Home Manicure:
- Remove any old or chipped nail polish. For natural nails, use a nonacetone polish remover.
- File the nails into your desired shape. What looks modern now is a shorter nail with rounded edges. File your nails in one direction.
- Soak your fingers in warm soapy water for a couple of minutes to soften the cuticles.
- Rub cuticle cream into the cuticles of the nails.
- Use a Qtip or nail stick to gently push back the cuticles.
- Wipe the nails with a damp cloth to ensure that you remove any oils or residue left from the cuticle cream. Pat dry the nails.
- Apply a clear base coat to the bare nails and let dry (this permits the polish to stick to the nail easier and to not smudge).
- Stroke you nails with the fingernail polish color or colors of your choice. A good, thick polish should only need one coat of color. Generally a nail needs three brushes of polish: a stroke down the center and one stroke on the left and right side of the nail.
- Once dry, apply a topcoat of clear polish. This will provide a lustrous shine and help to seal the color, eliminating chips and divots.
A self-manicure is that easy! Then, if you want to get artsy-craftsy and fancy, you can add nail art, rhinestones, polka dots, beads, etc. to the desired nails and make up your unique signature manicure! You go girl!
Magnificent manicures made simple!
Fingernail Polish Tip: I personally think that painted fingernails and toenails look their best when they match. I prefer the same shade over my fingernails as I do on my toes. However, if you find it fun to mix up colors, designs, etc. your manicure/pedicure will look more elegant if the colors on your hands at least match and compliment the colors on your toes. Of course it’s what works best for you that truly matters, so anything goes!
For centuries, women, girls and little girls have been painting their fingernails. The beauty practice is enjoyable, fun and alluring, adding chic cool and charm to that hand attached to your arm!
Another great way to take your manicure up a notch or two is to add beautiful jewelry to your hands to offset the polish. Gorgeous rings and attached ring/bracelets compliment painted nails with off the charts visual appeal.
Paint your nails with passion and stay in fashion!
Let’s give a toast to the finest painted hands in all the land!
“What color nail polish are you going to wear tonight?”
“My dress is different colors so I might offset it with white.”
“That would look nice, but what about going dark? Black or plum?”
“I could go red on my fingers and pink on my thumb.”
“Be sure to add rhinestones, making the nails shiny and bright!”
“Ah, you are correct. My hands will be a beautiful sight.”
A posh manicure done right!
Nancy Mangano is an American fashion journalist and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano, her fashion magazine Strutting in Style! at http://www.struttinginstyle.com, and her Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nancy-Mangano/362187023895846