As the year 2013 comes to a close, and the year 2014 is escorted in, are you looking for an easy yet subtle change to a new you? If so, then I suggest that you consider bangs! Adding bangs to your hairstyle is a minor way to make a major change!
Bangs, also known as fringe, are an amazing way to change your look. Bangs can help to frame your face, whether you have short, medium or long hair.
Create a banging new you with bangs!
Bangs can look sweet, saucy, sexy, playful, feminine and fun, all rolled into one!
Bangs are a high fashion statement, whether the bangs end above the eyebrow, directly at the eyebrow line, below the eyebrow, or slide elegantly over one eyebrow.
Bangs Fashion Tip: If you are cutting your hair and bangs are new to you, it is best to cut the bangs a bit longer than you would prefer, and slowly decrease the length until the bangs are at the length of your liking.
In the realm of bangs, there are many options:
- Side-Swept Bangs: These bangs generally look soft and feminine, and flatter the face. A portion of the forehead is visible, and the side-swept bangs blend in with your longer hair.
- Blunt Bangs: Blunt bangs are cut straight across the forehead, and are generally worn thick. Blunt bangs look best when cut directly at the eyebrow line, or hanging below the eyebrows, yet above the eyelids.
- Wispy Bangs: Wispy bangs are very thin, where strands of the bangs hang over the forehead, while other areas of the forehead are visible.
- Pixie Bangs: These bangs accent short hair styles fabulously. Pixie bangs are extremely short, often jagged, and cover only to top of the forehead.
- Asymmetrical Bangs: These bangs are worn to where the cut is not even. Portions of the bangs are longer than other areas of the bangs. These bangs, if cut right, have a choppy appearance.
- Curved Bangs: Curved bangs are similar to blunt bangs, where most of the forehead is covered, however the center area of the bangs are shorter than the left and right areas of the bangs.
Bangs Fun Fact: If you wear blunt or straight cut bangs, and you want to occasionally change the hairstyle, part your hair down the middle and separate the bangs, bushing one side of the bangs to the right of your face, and the other side of the bangs to the left of your face.
I feel that bangs help to accessorize a haircut in much the same way as jewelry and hair trinkets help to accessorize your outfits.
Let’s end the year 2013 with a bang!
One positive of bangs is that they can be worn well with any hair color, any hairstyle and any hair length! Also, depending on the texture of your hair, there is some type of bangs that will highlight your hairdo!
Bangs not only frame your face, but they help to bring out the allure of your eyes! Bangs are also easy to style. If you prefer to wear your bangs straight, yet you yearn for an evening change, you can add a soft curl or wave to your bangs. A slight variation can bring on a stunning change! When you prefer to go back to straight bangs, merely wet the bangs and they will dry straight.
Wahlah, easy, breezy, beautiful bangs!
Bangs will always be popular! If you’re looking for a new you for a new year, may I suggest bangs? An easy hairstyle variation that is difficult to mess up!
Bangs, whether worn short or long, soft or hard, thick or thin, wispy or straight, are always stylish!
Glamour girl elegance with bouncy bangs!
Bangs are a banging, blue ribbon way to make a fashion statement!
Author Nancy Mangano is the author of two Natalie North murder mystery novels, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Nancy has blended her love of detective work and her flair for fashion into her books. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, her fashion/style/beauty/book blog http://www.passionforprying.wordpress.com, Twitter @nancymangano and her author “like” Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano.