Rhinestones, gems and jewels make all things more glamorous, and in the realm of the eyes, these luscious, colorful stones stand alone and stand out!
For a look that sparkles and bedazzles, decorate your eyes with fabulous, fashion stopping, fantastic face art.
Rhinestones are sparkly gems made out of glass or plastic. They can be used to enhance and embellish clothing, shoes, fashion accessories, fingernails and toenails, and yes, faces. If you are heading out to a fancy party or club, or you merely need to add some sparkle to your day or night, rhinestone eye art is a great way to start!
Rhinestone eye art can either be glued to the eyelashes or directly to the skin, and depending on the color of the skin that you are in, you can determine the best color coordinates to use for your complexion and/or your outfits.
How To Apply Facial Rhinestones:
- Wash and moisturize the area that you will be applying the stones thoroughly. If you are going to apply the stones over makeup (foundation, eye shadow, etc.) apply the makeup first. Above the eye and the corners of the eyes are ideal areas to place colorful rhinestones.
- Select the color(s) of rhinestones that compliment your makeup colors, and the colors of the clothes that you are wearing. However, eye art is meant to be fun, and using any or all colors that satisfy you is the real key to enjoying your eye art masterpiece.
- If preferred, mark the placement area of the rhinestones lightly with black eyeliner.
- Using eyelash glue or skin glue (these adhesives can be purchased at drug stores or beauty supply stores, and should be gentle on the facial skin) either squeeze a small amount of glue directly to the dotted placement markers on your face, or apply a smidgen of glue directly to the back of the rhinestone.
- Using either your fingertips or tweezers, pick up the jeweled rhinestone and apply the glue side of the stone to the designated, preferred area. Press the stone firmly into place and hold for approximately ten seconds.
- Decorate away and allow yourself to play.
- To remove the rhinestones, pat the rhinestone covered area with warm water and lightly pull the stone. The rhinestone should come off easily.
If the eyes truly have it, then decorated eyes surely own it!
Create your way to eyes that are to be envied!
Rhinestone Decorative Eye Art Fun Fact: Your first time? You may want to conduct a patch test first to ensure that your skin around the eyes isn’t sensitive to the glue! If you wear the rhinestones and experience redness when you remove the stones, rubbing a vaseline ointment into the tender area will eliminate the redness.
Rhinestone eye art: the ultimate eye candy!
Glitter, feathers, jewels and gems – your eyes will never be the same again!
Rhinestone Fun Fact: In addition to your eyes, you can decorate other parts of your body with rhinestones as well. Rhinestone tattoos are fun to make, and not only sparkle and shimmy your skin to sheer glam gorgeousness, but they are easy to remove!
When purchasing rhinestones, it is best to buy a variety pack that includes many colors and sizes, allowing you access to numerous eye decorating opportunities.
Depending on your destination and/or your mood, you can decorate your eyes up to extreme costume level, or dress them down to exquisite shiny elegance!
Rhinestone Fun Fact: The same stones can be reused until they lose their lustrous shine, or until the backing wears out.
Rhinestones truly do add pop and pizzazz to your pretty peepers!
Party up your peepers by creating decorative, dancing eyes!
Rhinestone your eyes to mesmerizing eyes that truly hypnotize!
True beauty lies in the eyes!
Enhance the allure and the size of your eyes with rhinestone sass and style!
Rhinestone Decorative Tip: When your eyes are decorated to stage performing intensity, you may want to carry glue and a few extra rhinestones in your purse, just in case a stone or two fall off. This can be considered a makeup malfunction, much like a wardrobe malfunction! Then again, a few mismatched or misplaced stones can soon become the new fashion trend.
And that is the fun and beauty of fashion! Most anything goes, from the eyes to the toes!
Now take some time to play and decorate away with the fun that is eye art!
Decorated eye art can become your signature trademark!
Author Nancy Mangano is the author of two novels, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Nancy has blended her love of detective work and her fashion fetish into her books. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, her author/fashion/style blog http://www.passionforprying.wordpress.com, Twitter @nancymangano and her author “like” Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano.