The color purple stands for good judgment and happiness and represents royalty. When lips are coated in popping purple lipstick or lip gloss, in addition to giving your face a regal and royal look, purple lips are “in”!
Purple lips are highly fashionable and highly favored!
It makes sense that the color purple represents royalty when you consider that purple is a mixture of the colors red and blue, which mixes female and male energies (red male, blue female). Blending both male and female energies brings us to the power of creation, which is attributed of God, thus of kings whom were considered God’s representatives. In addition to royalty, the color purple is also associated with spirit.
Purple lips bring shine, pizzazz and a powerful punch to your face!
All skin types can wear purple lipsticks well. From lavender to a rich, deep purple, various shades of purple lips turn heads and make your head stand out in a crowd!
I feel that darker skin tones look fantastic in purple lipstick. The color purple brings out the golden undertones and warmth of medium and dark complexions!
In addition to royalty, throughout history wearing the color purple was a sign of wealth, because purple garments were very expensive. At one time this was how the government recognized people as important, hence the color purple has come to represent leadership!
Whether you prefer to lead the way with fashion trends or if you are more comfortable following what is popular in pop culture, there is no denying that purple lips are hip! Not to mention sexy and sensual!
I think that fair complexions look magnificent in deep purple lipsticks. The contrast of the dark lipstick with the light skin is very becoming!
Purple lipstick tip: Purple lipstick looks amazing when you are wearing gold or deep yellow clothing. Golden yellow, the color of the sun, is a complimentary color of purple. Look at something purple for 30 seconds and then move your eyes to a white surface. You should see some gold!
In addition to looking cool on your lips, the color purple is a cool color on the color wheel!
Makeup Tips to Rock Purple Lips:
- Shimmery, smooth skin: Place concealer under the eyes to cover up redness or bags. Apply a thin layer of powder or cream foundation to your face to match and blend in with your skin tone.
- Eye Shadow: Wear purple, lavender, blue, pastel blue or pink eye shadows. These colors blend more gracefully with a purple lip as opposed to dark brown shades or bright green shadows.
- Lip Liner: Be sure to line your lips with a matching purple lip liner pencil to frame your lips and to help prevent your lipstick or gloss from bleeding.
- Blush: Your purple lips will pop even louder when they are highlighted with a beautiful, rosy pink blush.
- Eyeliner: A charcoal black eyeliner works well with purple lips, but muted colored eyeliner (purple, pink) can add a playful look to accentuate your purple lips!
Another great trait that is associated with the color purple is trustworthiness. So trust your inner instincts that tell you that you will look ravishing and royal with purple lips!
Walk royally and regally into any room wearing a confident, hip purple lip!
Let your lips speak for you and do all of your talking! Your purple coated lips will shout “wow” without shouting a word!
Look polished and powerful in a premium purple lip! Pout away in purple!
Author Nancy Mangano is the author of two novels, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Nancy has woven her love of detective work along with her fetish for fashion into her books. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, her author/fashion/style blog http://www.passionforprying.wordpress.com, Twitter @nancymangano and her author “like” Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano.