Flouncy, bouncy, voluminous hair! Whirl and curl your hair!
Even if you normally wear your hair straight, or short, or bobbed, or up in a bun, once in a while it is fun to add some spring and bounce to your luscious locks.
Do you sometimes want to add body, volume and mounds of curls to your hair to spice up your hairstyle and frame your face?
Curls, in addition to adding width and attractiveness to your gorgeous mane, also add glamour and elegance to any hairdo, playing no favorites with hair types or hair colors. Curls look grand in all textures of hair!
I have displayed my straight blow dried hair on numerous occasions, but sometimes even I want to get more girly and curly! Here is a photograph of me playing dress up, of which I enjoy. As a true lover of fashion, beauty and makeup, I thoroughly relish the times when I glam myself up!
For those of us who aren’t born with naturally permed hair, there are ways to add large, loose curls or small tight curls to your hair!
Four easy ways to curl your hair:
- Using a Curling Iron or Straightener: Take a heated curling iron and start at the ends of your hair, working in sections. Wrap a section around the heated coil from the ends up toward the roots. Hold the heat on the hair for approximately 20 seconds, before releasing that strand and wrapping the next section of hair. You can add the preferred amount of rows and the size of the curls depending on how much hair you coil in each section. When finished, you can leave the curls tight by not brushing, or gently run a comb or soft bristled bursh through the curls to loosen them and soften them.
- Using Hot Rollers: Various sizes of steam rollers are coiled into dry hair and pinned to hold the hot roller in the hair. The rollers are left in your hair for approximately fifteen minutes. When you remove the heat rollers, you can leave the curls tight or brush them lightly, depending on the look that you wish to create.
- Using Foam Curlers: Foam curlers work best when rolled into damp hair and left in overnight, while you sleep. When you remove the foam curlers in the morning, the curl holds its position. Style to your taste.
- Using Braids: Using clean, wet hair, braid sections of your hair as desired. The number of braids that you use will determine how your curls will look. When the braids are removed, the hair is left with a crimped, wavy texture and looks particularly appealing when the hair is long and flowing.
As with all curls, you may want to finish off the hairstyle with a few sprays of hairspray to hold the curls in and to keep your hair from straightening.
Curl Fun Fact: Continuous or harsh brushing of your curled hair will dissolve the curls! I have made this mistake many times!
Curls are fancy and free flowing and move elegantly as you walk, so curl away for an awesome look any day!
Suggestions when wearing curly hair:
- If you do need to brush your curled hair, use a wide-tooth comb to eliminate frizz and to help hold the tightness of the curl.
- Occasionally add hairspray throughout the day, to keep the curls from falling or becoming limp.
- If you wish to wear your hair in curled ponytails or curls pulled up on top of your head, put your tresses into ponytails or up in a loose bun before curling, to eliminate pulling the curls out while you acquire your desired hairstyle.
- Once your curled hair is done to perfection, you can add hair accessories such as headbands, barrettes, flowers, etc. to highlight your feminine head of hair.
Who said curly hair is girly hair? Guys look great with thick, wavy, curly heads of hair! Their locks alone can lock you in!
A big head of moppy and/or wiry curls is a playful yet stylish way to frame your face and crown your head!
Whether you prefer long curls, short curls, wavy curls or side curls, curls are cool!
A full head of curls looks like you have spent hours on your hair, when, truth be told, you can wear a rocking head of curled hair with a mere fifteen to twenty minute curl job! On your way out the door? Curly ques only take a mere fifteen minutes more!
Give your head a bouncing whirl and add some curl!
Curls aren’t only for little girls and when playing dress up! Curls are just as sensuous and frisky when dressed down or when going casual.
So glam up or glam down wearing curls as you paint the town!
With spring in the air, add some spring to your hair with big, beautiful, bouncing curls!
Author Nancy Mangano is that author of two novels, A Passion for Prying and Murder Can Be Messy. Nancy has woven her love of detective work and her passion for fashion into her novels. Visit Nancy on her author website http://www.nancymangano.com, her author/fashion/style blog http://www.passionforprying.wordpress.com, Twitter @nancymangano and her author “like” Facebook fan page Nancy Mangano.